A Moment of Patriotism Takes No Time
Did you know that an act of American patriotism can take less than 2 minutes for the unity of our nation?
- The LORD’s Prayer takes 30 SECONDS to recite (much longer to comprehend).
- The 23rd Psalm takes 53 seconds.
- Worshiping with the song “Amazing Grace” takes 1:36 (the first stanza takes 30 seconds).
- Singing our National Anthem takes 1:55 seconds for us all to just be Americans. Then we can go back to being Cowboys and Redskins; Republicans and Democrats; male and female; Black and White.
- Chapter 13 of Paul’s 1st epistle to the Church at Corinth takes 2 minutes and 10 seconds.
Spirit vs. Flesh
“People of the spirit” get this. “People of the flesh” DO NOT get it, because they can’t. Galatians 5:16-26 states:
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Please enjoy a brief, throw-back, conversation I had with the Heritage Foundation’s policy expert, David Azerad, on American Exceptionalism. The Heritage Foundation is a conservative public policy think tank. It promotes the principles of:
- Free enterprise
- Limited government
- Individual freedom
- Traditional American values, and
- A strong national defense.
In closing, I leave you with a heart-stirring rendition of the Battle Hymn of the Republic, performed by Ms. Angela Primm.
Enjoy, and please SHARE with friends.
Be blessed, America!